Thursday 4 November 2010

Is it the end of "Stigmum"?

When I started this blog, my plan was to stop it when my son and I got housed.
I held on fast to the hope we would be housed in a council flat. I would stop moaning and put potential followers out of their misery.
I would label my final post: "We are securely home"
The message would be: "The End"
If people like me asked me how I got my flat, the way I ask people now, I would direct them here: "That's how I did it and that's how I felt about it all. You will come out of your situation."

I haven't "done" it. I haven't achieved it. I am still in my situation. I'm directing no-one here.

I am not going to tell people, parents in the playground, strangers in the park, those kinds of people, that my new home is temporary. I am not going to inform people of the wider injustice, told through me.
I'm not going to talk of my 'housing' any more.

I'm not entirely sure I can promise you the same thing.

No comments: