Tuesday 27 April 2010

Ideal jobs?

Three opportunities in my inbox! I've said yes to them all! They are all for different tentacles of this great octopus we call The Council.

I can do them all because they are part time and flexible and all within school hours. Great! Fantastic!

I have this ideal scenario because I'm not being paid for any of it.

Hmmmm......

Last night on Panorama, they were following 4 lads on benefits and their attempts to find work. One was a bit "fussy". The reporter concluded we must bring a US style Work Fare programme into the UK. The Blue's definitely want it, they've said already they'll cut the benefits of those turning a job down. The Yellows and the Reds are heading down the same trajectory.

I don't know what this means for me but.....

Why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why, politicians don't see parenting as a job, particularly if you're doing it solo?

No comments: