Wednesday 21 April 2010

RRRARGH I get so ANGRY

Off the back of the libdem's help, I got an email from a man I've never known. CC'd were the two libdems responsible for council flat sell off's that one party, can't remember which, called "tweedledee and tweedledum" last night. Anyway, they all got this; I couldn't hold back my fury....

Dear Man I've Never Known,
I don't mean to sound ungrateful but temporary, temporary, temporary... move, move, move my son, keep me in the arms of the NHS for a lifetime.

I know there is an enormous problem down here but the policies around housing are flawed beyond belief. Back in September I went to view two properties that I wasn't shortlisted for. They wouldn't let me in but that didn't matter because they were in my block, where after four years, I've finally got a shed for my bicycle, which I still use to carry my son.

Ten of the 12 people viewing it were not British and had waited less time than me. Everyone refused the property, I wrote to the council. I can't tell you how many stories I have like this.

I had a Polish mother complaining to me that "Somalians" get housed before her who have only been in the country for two years. I understand of course but what upsets me is that she has more points than me when she has been waiting half the time.

A property I was 5th on the waiting list for was readvertised and my position dropped to 134th.

I play this brutal game by its rules but I cannot understand why the council keeps sliding me and my son down snakes instead of helping us up a ladder.

We are being evicted; we could be given extra points, we could be placed in a higher banding.

My son's life, as you have read, is as important to me as all your children's lives are important to you three gentlemen, if you have any.

There are properties despite the horrors happening in this borough for I bid on them all the time. I crave a positive outcome for my child and a fundamentally secure foundation in order to get on with our future.

I thank all of you for your help so far, do not think it does not go unnoticed.

Thank you Man I've Never Known for your email.

Kind regards

2 comments:

PippaD said...

I wish that I was in charge. I would hire you to help me sort out all the mess and together we would sort out the whole country.

Stigmum said...

Yes, I wish you were too! I'd elect you as the leader of the I Don't Know Party if you wanted. We'll put our heads together and absolutely, sort out the carnage before it's too late for all our children (who might have some great ideas of their own)x