Wednesday 13 January 2010

Competitions

My son entered a competition for Horrid Henry goodies yesterday. Deadline is tomorrow. He's desperate to win so I hope he does.

I've stopped entering competitions. Such is my powerful desire to move, my hope that every Thursday I'll be shortlisted for a flat, I have this (stupid) fear that should I win, I will have moved and as such won't receive said prize.

A few years ago I won a dvd player and a nintendo. A few years ago I had no idea I might actually win something. But now with impending eviction.....

I dream....

When we move, finally, permanently, I'll enter all competitions. I'll be able to, I'll know we are at our new address until kingdom comes.

I'll also have to. I'll need to kit out my kitchen (no more plastic plates!), my living room (curtains, cushions, a real makeover!), never mind get my son a new bed. New bedcovers would be nice, photo frames, a new tv oh and a new dvd player because the one we won has just died on us.

Oh I dream....

That my son wins his Horrid Henry stuff. I'll keep hopes immediate for the minute (apart from the home sweet home one which is always there, every minute of every hour of every month of every year of every decade....)

No comments: