Monday 11 January 2010

How does one wash a Foca out of one's hair?

I put the phone down on him last week. Putting the phone down on people is not my style.
He called on my landline to ask me why we should discuss access with the school mediating, he was not going to bring our son back on a Sunday evening. His decision was final.

I told him the school was mediating because I needed a third impartial person. He dragged me to a mediator three years ago, now I was setting something up.

He still couldn't see the point.

"Because you wind me up, see look at you, interrupting me again, not listening to what I'm saying..."

"And what will you do if they agree with me?" he spat.

"Well I don't know if they will. What will you do if they agree with me?"

"What will you do if they agree with me?"

"I don't know, take the issue elsewhere."

"I'm bringing him back on Monday. You want him back on Sunday but that's not going to happen."

"That's why we're going to talk about this with the school."

"We don't need to talk about this with the school."

"This conversation's going nowhere. I'm going to put the phone down like you do."

"You think you can get what you want. Now you're winding me up, what do you think about that hey, you're winding me up. I'm bringing him back on Monday."

"The bath's running. I've got to go. Goodbye."

I could hear the phone ringing as water splashed into the bath tub. Wanker.

This morning I've emailed the school. I'm actually meeting the school tomorrow because the deputy's organised a social worker to talk to me regarding mine and my son's problems with housing.

This is what I've written:

Dear Deputy, Foca,
I'm writing to ask if we could all meet this week to discuss my son's access
arrangements during term time.
His education is important and in terms of his best interests it is
important that we meet as soon as possible.
Foca, please state if a morning or afternoon will suit you better.
Deputy, if I could ask you to fix it. I will prioritise this and as such I
am free at any time.
Thanks very much

Sue

I'm frightened I won't be able to defend my son's best interests; I won't be able to argue a case for him. The Foca will do what he wants regardless. I've got to be strong. For fucks sake, I've got to be strong. I've had ENOUGH.

Six years ago the Foca left me. How do I wash this guy right out of my hair????????

To think, I used to think he was my soulmate. Oh how I laugh, a big, belly clutching laugh no different to that monstrous clown waking up the celebrities on Big Brother, only my laugh ends with me puking.

No comments: