Thursday 7 January 2010

Response from the Libdem and Tory camps!

Yesterday I received an email from the Libdemleader and CAMERON, David apologising for the delay in responding to me regarding the Big Issue Walk but they get volumes of emails every day.

What a lovely surprise!

The Libdem man and the Tory woman said unfortunately the Leaders were already connected to many charities and were unable to sponsor me. No surprise!

I emailed back, as I did with the CEO respondees and asked them to ask their Leaders if they could donate 10p to each individual who walked, which would only come to £25 which was less than what I paid to do the walk myself!

I could not resist, oh I could not resist, asking them to ask their Leaders if they would agree to meet me.

My son, my sun, my son, my sun, my son.....

What more can I do? I asked of the Libdem Leader.
What will you do with our lives? I asked of the Tory Leader.

I sent that just now. Drafted it last night but thought I would sleep on it. I didn't change anything.

The Labour camp hasn't responded yet.

On the back of the emails, the Libdems would get my vote for they said they were "saddened" by my experience and the party recognises "the importance of boosting social housing" (why are you auctioning them off then?) However my vote won't be decided on the back of an email. My vote will be decided if mine and my son's housing is resolved.

Who knows my readers if they will respond, if they will honour my requests.
Who knows! You might one day...Que sera sera....!

No comments: