Friday 22 January 2010

A Springtime Haiku Trio

Beautiful blossoms
in springtime they wake the eye
and then they are gone

You gawp in wonder
pink buds that soaked your senses
welcoming summer

A pretty season
if I remember it well
it has been so long

(This has made me laugh
playing with a haiku rhyme
my very first time!)

A "popular" man on the dating site wrote of his ideal woman: "I'd like to do to you what the spring does to the cherry trees" (Neruda) "... I thought I'd put down some poetry (women love that)"

I sent him a message saying:

The Spring gives us beautiful blossoms
You gawp in wonder
and then they're gone
but a beautiful start to the summer
if we get one this year that is
(and no, that's not a poem. I'm quite rubbish at writing poetry... not a reason not to try though!)

He replied saying that was like a haiku only with too many syllables.
You've given me a challenge I said, I've never written a haiku before, I'll try and write you one!

I sent my trio (written super fast so don't judge it) and do you know reader, he's not read it! No! Over a week it's been and he's visited the site every day I have!

Can't weep over a cyber petal who's not interested but given I learnt something new from our brief exchange, I thought I'd post it!

No comments: