Monday 18 January 2010

Singles Ceilidh - a night out!

On Saturday evening I went to a singles ceilidh with Annie and her friends.

Have you ever been to a ceilidh? It's a fun, rumbunctious, footstomping fab night out.

A singles ceilidh? Surreal!

The penny dropped once we were inside. Men and women of all ages, shapes and sizes which was great as I did feel I might be too old for all this!

"Annie?" I said, as we sat in the bar sharing a bottle of wine. "Everybody here is single!"

Usually, on a night out, this is not the assumption you make. You assume that the good looking ones, at any rate, are spoken for.

"They all know that we're single too!" said Annie.

So I put the frighteners on her: "All the guys might be single dads!"

What a fun night! Unwilling to sit out on the side lines, I scanned the dancefloor for anyone to dance with. Of course, with some dances, you wind up with someone totally different at the end.

I danced with a man so strong, that when he spun me round, my feet left the floor. I found that very sexy, very sexy indeed!

Being a smoker had its advantages too! Outside I met the organisers of "Single in London". "Why are you single?!" I asked the two gentlemen. "It's a great idea to do this," I continued. "Some people might otherwise be too shy."

Two guys had come on their own. Not sure I'd be brave enough to do that!

Afterwards, me, Annie and her three friends went to The Grand Union on Camden Road. Two of the bar staff were leaving and we were invited to the lock-in party.

Crikey, how many free shots did we down?!

I crashed at Annie's house, the two of us still as single as we were at the beginning of the evening. But hey, the two of us are online dating! I was way too hungover yesterday though, to plunder the site!

What a great weekend!

No comments: