Friday 8 January 2010

No shows.. the order of the year?

My digital camera broken and the cover assurance running out in a fortnight I rang the TechTeam and they told me they'd send a pack for me in which I put the camera and send it to them for free through its contract with DHL. On Wednesday I received it, put the camera in the box and phoned DHL to come and collect it.

They said they'd come yesterday between 9am and 5pm. I wasn't happy about this. The boy off school, staying in what could be all day. Did they think this would be fine as I live in a nice three storey townhouse with a big garden where my son can invite friends round to build a snowman?
I asked them to come as early as possible.

At 10 am Juggling Mum rang saying she was heading up to the heath with her son and my son's other little mate A.

Do I risk it? Do I? I thought do, yes, how can your boy miss out on fun?

We were only gone two hours. Two hours of whizzing, giggling fun. I got back and DHL hadn't called. I was told they'd leave a card. No card.

Phew.

We had lunch, he read me the book in his bookbag, he watched a dvd while I read a book, then made me a card while I cooked dinner. DHL never turned up.

I called and they said they were busy so I had to order another collection date. I asked them to come today. Would I prefer morning or afternoon asked DHL. Afternoon please. I dashed into Camden to buy some food and now I wait... I will be SO PISSED OFF if they don't come. I will be SO PISSED OFF if they choose to come just as I go and collect the boy from school (for he is back in school which in a way is good as I don't want him sitting in with me all day just for DHL not to show up again.)

My support worker was also meant to come and see me. On Wednesday he couldn't because of the snow, he said (although he was in his office and could have walked like he usually does, but I didn't care, I don't see the point in his coming anymore). He said he'd come this morning then rang yesterday to say there was 'an emergency homeless case' and would come this afternoon.

He's just texted to say he'll see me next Wednesday. The thought depresses me but then again, if I'm still waiting for bloody DHL, I can sit in and wait for his bad news.

Oh joy, I'm so HAPPY I haven't dumped Nico Teen.

No comments: