Thursday 11 March 2010

Bingo Wings and Butt Cheeks

The Zen Master wasn't at Boot Camp today. An unforeseen emergency cropped up I'm told. I'm wondering if this was lucky for me as last week I was too weak to go and this week too weak to stay at home and do nothing.

With little energy the class can be quite punishing but no pain no gain, as they say.

The class was fairly punishing today; Mistress Ha Ha really cracking the whip but with the Master's absence Mistress Slacker (that's me) could duck out of the running which was a mighty relief I can tell you (thanks there goes to the man who took my son to school the morning I went to Edinburgh... I was wheezing quite badly when I saw him so caught my breath chatting to him, something I wouldn't have dared to do if the Master was teaching us).

We did warm up exercises, stretching.. arms (Bingo Wings), the killer leg ones (Butt Cheeks). 120 press ups, 120 sit ups, the Plank and variations, booted the pads, punched the pads. She cracked the whip that Mistress I'm tellin' ya!

A great re-entry for me but I do hope the Master is back next week. He strenghtens my mind as well as strengthens my body. My mind needs strengthening, my body will follow.

He really is the best teacher I know.

No comments: