Monday 7 February 2011

Accident fall kills pensioner

A tiny tiny story on page 11 of the Camden New Journal. The sad story of a 91 year old retired fork lift driver who fell down the stairs of his home, hitting his head.
The coroner ruled "the 91 year old died as a result of an accident."

Why has it upset me so much?

He lived in Papier Mache Towers, where I used to live. None of these flats have internal steps.
The "stairs of his.. home" are communal; big, deep, concrete steps, dangerous. My son slipped up them once and grazed his cheek. I thanked God when I got a shed for my bike and didn't have to carry that up and down anymore.

This pensioner would have had no choice but to take the stairs because the lifts in that block are constantly out of service. I've mentioned it to you before.

Clearly still nothing is being done about it.

Mr Jeffrey's death wasn't an accident. It was an accident waiting to happen.

May he Rest in Peace.

No comments: