Tuesday 15 February 2011

I'm off to PROTEST RRRAAGH!

Apparently there's a housing lobby at the Houses of Parliament today.

I say apparently because the local paper didn't advertise it and as you know, I went to a street protest last year where only three of us showed up.....

No matter! It's been a while since I've stood in the Central Lobby of the House of Commons!

I should have really told you about this before then you could have come along! More the merrier, always!

This is the plan:

HOUSING EMERGENCY MASS LOBBY OF PARLIAMENT 12-4pm ...Central Hall, Westminster 15 FEBRUARY

Government proposals threaten tenancies, rents and housing benefit. It means evictions, homelessness and fear for tenants.
The answer to high rents is to reintroduce rent caps – not attack tenants. We need to build more secure, affordable council housing to sustain mixed and thriving communities.


I can take my electricity debt problems, I can take my mouse problems, I can take my how do I afford to go back to work problems, I can take my insecure lease problems!!

Use them all to stoke the embers in my soul to purposeful fire!

No comments: