Monday 14 February 2011

A Big Sleep

I've had a letter through the post inviting me to take part in the Big Issue's first ever Big Sleep Out.

It looks really interesting. They need 240 people to camp out in Spitalfields Market on March 18th to raise funds for their vendors and other homeless individuals who find support from this charity.

I'm not sure I'm going to do it nor am I sure that I can. I really enjoyed the Big Night Walk but after that told myself that the next time I did something like that, I wouldn't do it on my own.

I'm really good at doing things on my own, brilliant in fact but I've done it too much and need to start getting involved with groups now.

Get involved in groups or make new friends!

I've also got my son with me that weekend and I don't know how he'd feel about staying out all night (I've just checked, participants have to be over 18. There were quite a few kids on the Big Walk, but this is is very different I guess - they are promising entertainment!).

If you like the sound of it you can read more either at
http://www.bigsleepout.com/ or www.bigissue.com/sleep

It's still £30 to take part but target sponsorship's gone up to £400!!

There's a challenge if you want one and all for a good cause!

No comments: