Tuesday 18 October 2011

Exchanging one for one thousand

Gilad Shalit, an Israeli captured by Palestinian Hamas five years ago, has been released today in exchange for 1000 Palestinian prisoners.

I don't know anything about Middle Eastern politics but according to the BBC both sides are happy today but tension remains.

Reminds me of what I was reading last night. In my quest to understand myself better I was reading and finishing Philip Pullman's The Good Man Jesus and The Scoundrel Christ.

Free Barrabas! Free Barrabas! A murderer was set free and Jesus crucified in his place.

There is no link, or perhaps there is but I'm not making it.

Some things are just too vast for me to understand.

I am pleased that Gilad Shalit has been released. I am pleased that some of the Palestinians are being released. I say some, why one for one thousand?

Religion is divisive and that is my problem with it.

I like Pullman but I doubt Pullman likes me.

I figured what I am you see. He is an athiest. I am not an athiest. I am not a Christian. I can't be. I don't want to be. You can be one if you like. You can be whatever you like.

I am an agnostic who goes to church. Sometimes.

There are many things that I do not understand but I wish the Middle East peace.

No comments: