Tuesday 11 October 2011

Stop and Search

"The police might want your name and address."
"Why?"
"To put on their database?"
"Why, I haven't done anything wrong."
"I'm just warning you that's all. It might happen, the terms of release."
"What if I don't give it?"
"They could take you down to the station to give it there."
"But we haven't done anything wrong, it's not fair."
"They might ask to see the contents of your bag"
"Can they do that?" Fuck yes, they can...
"Yeah, under section (16?)"
"They can look at mine if they like!" I say, heh heh, fuck my chest feels tight.
"Don't tell them that."
"No! Of course not!"

It's just I'm thinking.
My bag contains a copy of this month's Spirit and Destiny
and Philip Pullman's The Good Man Jesus and The Scoundrel Christ.

Figuritively epeaking

Search me!

No, I know, not funny.

No comments: