Thursday 6 October 2011

The Fear of going to hell

I want to quote for you a passage from Conversations With God. The guy Neale Donald Walsh would write ranting letters to people whenever they upset him and one day he wrote a ranting letter to God and when he finished his hand kept going. It's an awesome book.

I'm quoting the bit I'm quoting because Lorna Byrne (I know, I'm going on aren't I? I'm probably not going to stop either) said she'd been shown two outcomes of our planet. One of total destruction and one of unity and peace. Both are attainable and we all know that it's not looking too good at the moment.

Anyway, it's chapter 4 and in the previous chapter Neale asked God what hell was.

"The big worry is that somehow we'll mess up and not get to ever see You, be with You."

"You mean "get to heaven"?"

"Yes. We're all afraid of going to hell."

"So you've placed yourself there to begin with in order to avoid going there. Hmmmm. Interesting strategy."

"There You are, being flip again."

"I can't help it. This whole hell thing brings out the worst in Me!"

"Good grief, You're a regular comedian."

"It took you this long to find that out? You looked the world lately?"

"Which brings me to another question. Why don't You fix the world, instead of allowing it to go to hell?"

"Why don't you?"

"I don't have the power."

"Nonsense. You've the power and the ability right now to end world hunger this minute, to cure diseases this instant. What if I told you your own medical profession holds back cures, refuses to approve alternative medecines and procedures because they threaten the very structure of the "healing" profession? What if I told you that the governments of the world do not want to end world hunger? Would you believe me?"

(Page 89. Don't be afraid of this book!)

Oh and read this which a friend wrote. A truly excellent blog:
http://www.thewritefuture.com/the-write-future/2011/10/eat-andor-die.html

No comments: