Monday 26 July 2010

EPIC steps

Sent: 7/22/10
To: Journo Guy
Subject: Can a girl change her mind...?

Hi [Journo Guy],

The other day you gave me the opportunity to write something for your paper and I said no. Then [Mr R & Mr B] (letters 15 july) gave me an idea. They wrote an open letter to the government, I could do one of those as well....

The story is better told this side of the eviction. When I'm rehoused I'll either feel defeated or if pigs do fly will be flying up there in la la land with them so grateful to the council.

It's a bit longer than the letters I usually send you so feel free to edit.

I wish it was Sue's name on it but hey, there was a banner hanging between some trees when I cycled to parliament last week saying "BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE" so I guess it should be mine (and at this point I start singing along to the Ting Tings!!)

Let me know if the CNJ takes it, so I can brace myself!!!!

You have all my details don't you?

Thanks for the opportunity

All the best

I was listening to CD 3 of my EPIC - The bands, The tracks, The Anthems album as I wrote it.

New Order - True Faith
Depeche Mode- Personal Jesus

I sent it just as James was singing "Sit Down" and flip I flipping had to. My head was so lightheaded, my legs were trembling so much I couldn't stand but what was truly extraordinary for me, was that it wasn't fear coursing through me, it was desire!

Desire that some good might come of it.

I floated to Angel to a shop called JOY and bought gifts for my son's teachers. My soul was filled with hope! Oh Stiggers, I hope they do!!

No comments: