Tuesday 6 July 2010

P = Pear and Pineapple

Quite a thirst walking through Camden saturday morning.

Juice. I really wanted some juice. Maybe I should pop into Sainsbury's and buy some fruit.

Juicy Fruit! "Strawberries!" I said to my son. "Plums!"

I figured he must be hungry, I certainly was. Let's go to Toasties where a homeless man once gave me a fiver for the Big Issue Walk and another time, another man, told me to leave my spare eviction story (for I'd just sent Cameron and Clegg a copy) in the Dublin Castle next door for the guy who had recently become my local councillor.

Closed.

Not closed as in not open yet, but closed down.

Oh no.

Opposite was a juice bar. I'd forgotten about that! Still oh no about Toasties.

I needed something refreshing. Oh choices, choices!! I liked the sound of Orange and Strawberry, but then Pear and Pineapple...Oooh, Pomegranite Plan in full swing, do I drink a drink beginning with P or just sod it, for goodness sake, fruit is any fruit in a Fruit Bowl.

My son had strawberry. The man said that Pear and Pineapple was "more refreshing" than Orange and Strawberry so that's what I went for.

What music was playing meanwhile?

The Cure! Isn't there a "saturday wait" lyric in Friday I'm In Love?!

On whose doorstep did we sit to drink?

An estate agent of all bloody places called "Live and let live" ("Student Prices - From £300 pw for a 2 bed... yeah right, not a stigmum price is it?)

Where were we?

Why! On Parkway!

I had a vague feeling I was going a bit doolally I was so lightheaded and was really so very grateful my son was with me.

My son my sun my boy my buoy

No comments: