Tuesday 13 July 2010

Cambridge

"Shopping!"
Cambridge has a plethora of shops and shopping centres.
"Em, you know I said last night that I wasn't in the frame of mind for retail therapy? Well I think I've just stepped into it!"

I bought flat black shoes in the sales to go out in that night. When Hazel said she was accessorizing, I thought 'that's a good idea!' and bought a hair grip with a red rose on it and a red bag to match. I splurged out on a lip gloss too. Well, a girl can't go out with naked lips!

"Punting!"
Eight glasses and three jugs of Pimms on board. Our Divine Student Guide led us to the Bridge of Sighs and back. "We are Spanish!" sang some girls from the banks. "Holland!" shouted one of ours.

Our Divine Student Guide told us a story about the Prince of Wales as we passed Trinity College. I'm not sure it's my place to tell it here so you'll just have to go and experience the journey for yourself!

"Eating!"
Lunch was a sandwich on the grass. Dinner was sit down at Browns Bar & Brasserie on Trumpington Street.
I had a Duck Egg and Asparagus Salad washed down with Cham Cham.
Oh how reckless the day! How reckless the night!

"Partying!
We wanted Cheese for dessert.
We went to the Blue Bar (?) for Vodka Redbulls
Lost our street cred in a Soul bar that played no Soul.
Found The Place Nightclub, the place to be! Cheese galore!
The girls called time at 3am. I could've stayed forever!

I got the train home the next day. I won't bore you with that.

No comments: