Tuesday 13 July 2010

Sleep-overs

In Em's spare room is The Best Mattress In The World.

Nightmares? Well be my guest! I can handle you without jutting springs stabbing me in the back.

When they came, they came thick and fast. Words, words, all words I'd written on the blog. Bad overlapped with good, overlapped with bad, tossing and turning and breathing, breathing, breathing.

Into this chaos came stiggers, singing me a Carly Simon song. She said she was sorry she called me a Weed. I told her I was one, I told her weeds are strong

"I hold you in my hands like a bunch of flowers....
Set you moving to the sweetest song..."

I asked her to stop. Stop, stop, STOP!

The house was locked for the night so I hung out the window with Nico Teen.

So far communing with my best friend and worst enemy has been quite effective in getting me back to sleep.

Thank God it worked.

No comments: