Tuesday 6 July 2010

P is in comPany

Just me and my son, alone together to play in the sunshine. A dead phone, maybe a good thing, forget about people for a while, concentrate on my boy.

He wanted to play football, so excited he was with his new shoes.
I wanted to go to the Lido, be supported by some water because I felt so faint.

The Heath, every thing to us.

I'm a hopeless dad, I really am, can't give the lad a good game so it was great when another dad playing with his son asked if our two boys could play together. Brilliant!

We parents were in goal. The dad was helping out his child, a year younger than mine and very good. I was a bit crap, just standing there like a corpse, not helping my child out at all. The game ended in a 7 - 7 draw though, so I wasn't that bad and my boy was pretty good too!

Afterwards me and the dad talked while the boys played together. Turns out he was a single dad. He carried his kid on the back of his bike too.

The play fighting between our sons inevitably ended up in tears, so it was a good moment to call it a day. It was 4.30.

Lido, lido...!

I expected us to be on our own in there but as I walked by the poolside a woman looked up and said "Hi! Do you remember me? I met you at the pond last week and I've been thinking of you all this week."

She invited us to sit with her and her friends and you know what? I said yes thanks even though I didn't think I had it in me to chat to anybody.

That didn't bother them at all. Later on, I found out that they were all single parents, all five of them.

All my mum friends are in couples. It felt so nice. It felt so nice, to be with them.

My Pond mamma told me I should speak to a housing ombudsman, that's what she did way back when and it helped her. "I got housed within weeks."

No comments: