Thursday 8 July 2010

P = Painstaking

Every letter I have written to every Prime Minister since my life collapsed, has been done so by hand.

Early ones to Dobbie, before I even considered sending one to No 10 on the off chance, were written by hand.

I wanted there to be no mistakes, so each time I misspelt something, put an i before e, an e before i, I scrunched up the sheet and started again.

Painting over the cracks wasn't an option, so I never used Tippex.

Many trees, or perhaps just one.

How could I get the Milibands' name wrong on my postcard????

Have I been travelling phonetically?

Swept away by the music of the Jazz ensemble?

Google is my Home Page for goodness sake!

I've been trained and re-trained and re-trained to check the spellings of peoples names.

I have no excuses.

My postcard is flawed, just like me.

No comments: