Tuesday 6 July 2010

P = Politicians

I like Dobbie, I do. There's something very genuine about him and he always replies to my letters.

I don't know what I was expecting in that room but when he said I was "intelligent", it certainly wasn't my demonic rage. Or should I now call it my Psychotic rage ho ho?!

The Weed Woke Up.

I was only half listening to him say the money was for the Decent Homes programme and repairs, not for re-building when I interrupted him and said: "There are plenty of empty properties."

I didn't hiss it, I didn't spit it, I said it with what only can be described as conviction.

After that I was off, pulling out my folded "Saturdays" postcard from it's yellow envelope, telling him my idea.

"You! You! It's got to be you!"
"No!"
"It has to be! Imagine!"
"No!"
On and on and on....
"No, no, no no!"
"Not only you, the Millibands too! They're born in the borough! Born in the borough!
"No!"

Eventually a penny dropped into my head.

"It's to the coalition people, how many of them are born here?"
"I don't know, but some must live here."

Only he can tell you how I looked. I felt Wild!!!

I read out my draft, said "this is the card I'm going to use," and pulled out the Camden Town one. He and his assistant looked at it.
"You have my eviction story, so do they! I wrote to you, I told you, Cameron and Clegg have it, it's in Parliament
"Oh God, they're going to persecute me, they're going to persecute me," turning to the assistant.
"Mmmm," she said, then, I don't know, our eyes must have connected, because she said: "No, no I'm sure they won't." I calmed down, so grateful for her reasurrance.

"So can I use your name then?" turning back to Dobbie. "Can I put my address as care of you because I don't know where I'll be living when the money comes..."
"Yes, but it would be better if you didn't."

Yes! Yes! The Man from Del Monte he say Yes!

He said it would be better if I didn't a couple of times. I did hear him.

"I accept that it's my responsibility," the words coming calmly from nowhere.

He put on my son's green sunglasses he'd got in a party bag. Maybe that was before I said it was my responsibility. Yes I think it was, or while I was saying it, I can't remember.

He handed them back to my son then we shook hands.

As we walked out I said:

"Oh, if you can, you couldn't chuck us a few points could you?!"

Oh I know that was pointless but you can't blame a girl for trying!

No comments: