Tuesday 6 July 2010

P = Purpose

I didn't think I'd have much time with Dobbie, a Patient told me he was only seeing people for an hour and there were a good five or six people after me (which I didn't think was many actually, given the scale of the borough's problems)

Anyway, I launched in with what I said to the Leader of the Council on friday night and Dobbie's assistant, a friendly faced woman, was saying "slow down, slow down! We need to note down your details!"

I, on my different planet, already knew that this was a bit pointless, but I passed her Dobbie's letter from the House of Commons, because that had my address on it. She passed it to Dobbie, who began to re-read it.

It's quite clear to me now, in hindsight, that what I didn't have in that room was Patience. I wanted to get my Point and Purpose over as quickly as I Possibly could.

They may have looked up when I said: "What I'm really here for is your blessing."

We were there for much longer than I've implied by Post.

No comments: