Wednesday 21 July 2010

Martha, Mary and the Human Robot

I emailed allocations to say my new support worker didn't turn up. OK, I'm a bit of a tell tale tit but for good reason. That housing plan interview doesn't take place and I'm suspended off the housing register.

A bit freaky though - a woman outside supermario's hairdresser yesterday said she'd say a prayer for me that when he did turn up he wouldn't judge me.

I hope he's alright, no nasty accidents befallen him....

I was going to tell him the story of Martha and Mary if he did comment on the mess, say I was Mary.

Do you know that story? Jesus goes round to their house and while Martha's busying herself with everything she needs to do, Mary's just sitting at the Lord's feet listening to what he's saying and well, Martha gets a bit pissed off.
"'Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me.'
"But the Lord answered her, 'Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is a need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken from her." (Luke 10.38-42)

On Sunday my son and I went to mass at the 'other' School, like he'd asked a month ago. The priest said it was ok to come, he didn't want to 'poach' us from the our usual School though.

While he was reading the Gospel a young man passed out and hit his head on the pew. The priest stared at me but then, I was standing right next to him, so mustn't be too freaked out by that.

That School gives print outs of the readings so you don't doze off in the service, you can read along. That's the coincidence I saw in reading it to the council's human robot.

Now that woman's prayer for me yesterday that I wouldn't be judged today?

I hope you're alright Mr Support Worker. I'm sure you are and there's a very reasonable explanation for your no show, like you forgot or another 'client' kept you busy.

Let me know, yeah?

No comments: