Thursday 14 October 2010

Attempting to make my own luck....

Hi [son's social worker],
Just to say thanks for being [my son's] duty social worker and for mentioning mine and his loving relationship at the meeting yesterday.
I have to say though, because no-one heard me, is that all my 'underlying issues' are to do with housing. All my 'underlying issues' were woken up when I got pregnant and had to move and then since then have been forced to move three times with my son.
You know I was sent to boarding school at 14. The nature of these places is that you have to 'move room' every term, and pack and unpack every holiday. You know I was 'evicted' from the first school and sent to a place more like a borstal afterwards.
They told me stop talking about housing yesterday at the meeting, but I can't, especially right now as me and [my son] await another bailiffs order and his education is most at risk, because the next place won't be secure, so he'll be looking at being evicted again.
Any therapy I have will be about housing, housing, housing and the only way to stop that is for me and my child to be offered a permanent flat.
I'm glad the meeting could see I'm not failing my child in anyway, but they must understand that the system is.
I've bid on two local properties today. A seven year struggle with housing can be over so easily but unfortunately that's up to the council.
Good luck with your future endeavours, it was nice to meet you and know that like me, you are, or were a single mother, and know just how difficult it can be.
Kind regards
Sue

No comments: