Friday 15 October 2010

In for a penny, in for a pound...

Subject: I enjoyed what you had to say on Monday

Dear Reverend,

You saw me last Monday at the housing meeting at the House of Commons. I was standing at the back, stripey top on, raised my hand and said I'd sent a postcard to the coalition. You might remember.

You said what was needed was testimonies, real life testimonies, and brave people to give them. I am not brave. Well, I am not that brave.

If Ed Miliband reads my postcard, I will probably have to explain myself. You heard me, I can't articulate myself verbally that well! Still, if it happens, it happens, I've literally put all that in God's hands.

I wrote to Ed Miliband and said that if he was to read out the copy of the postcard I sent during Prime Minister's Questions, or any other such time, I would sit in the lobby so if the coalition laughs and jeers at him, he can say I'm just outside and they can laugh and jeer at me instead. Highly unpleasant but I sent that postcard and I take responsibility for it.

Should Mr Miliband read my postcard, and informs me to wait in the lobby, will you wait with me?

It's a big ask I know but although I encapsulate the housing problem, it's a national one and I only really know what's going on in my own borough, in my own life. I send you the link to an article I wrote, to give you a clearer picture. I also wrote a piece for the Guardian website.

I'd be happy to meet you if you have time. I'm not asking your help for me, I'm asking your help for everyone else.

Kind regards,


Sue de Nim

No comments: