Thursday 21 October 2010

Morning Has Broken

Stand with me a minute, looking out on the blue sky of this morning, green leaves blowing in the breeze.

Cat Steven's Morning Has Broken is on the stereo, at high volume.

This is not the coalition calling, it's me.

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day


You must survive.

If you still think you can't, play the song again
and again
and again
and again
and again
and again
and again
and again

until you know in your heart
these politics are not the end
not the end of you

2 comments:

Jennysmith said...

Will be singing that song all day now. The rest of the day anyway.

That Cat Stevens was gorgeous then!

xxxx

Stigmum said...

Yes, he was! Funny as when I blog, songs from the past come back to me! Yesterday I got to 'Tell me, where do the children play' and my mood was such, I had to keep repeating Morning Has Broken, (coincidental title of govt horrors)
Beautiful voice has Cat xxx