Saturday 30 October 2010

A New Earth

I've been so lucky this past week. Instead of waiting in London for a bailiff's order, I could take my son and escape, escape for seven whole days.

My brother who lives abroad had come over with his family and with my own parents away, we all stayed in their house.

Unparalled joy from my son, it's been three years since he's seen his cousins. My sister in law said she'd look after him if I had to come back to London and I did feel a pull. Wednesday morning after lying in following a sleepless night thinking of everything I had to do here, my son said:

"It's so peaceful without you mummy. Sorry...." I smiled at him.

There was no phone call inviting me to view a property so after deliberating with Nico Teen for a long procrastinating moment, I picked up a book.

Eckhart Tolle.

The personal and collective ego, personal and collective unconciousness, ourselves and our planet.

Housing was in the news, and I, totally identified with it, struggled to escape myself, woh, bored my family rigid I'd say, even had an argy bargy with my brother when he realised how much I got "paid" a year.

I found some comfort though, as Cameron announced he would not be doing a u-turn on his new housing policies:

"You will be free to let go of your unhappiness the moment you recognise it as unintelligent. Negativity is not intelligent. It is always of the ego (the mind). The ego maybe clever, but it is not intelligent. Cleverness pursues its own little aims. Intelligence sees the larger whole in which all things are connected. Cleverness is motivated by self-interest, and it is extremely short-sighted. Most politicians and businesspeople are clever. Very few are intelligent. Whatever is attained through cleverness is short-lived and always turns out to be self defeating. Cleverness divides; intelligence includes." (A New Earth, page 112)

My brother understood my position. He told me to write about it if I couldn't let it go. He told me to take out "me". "There's no power in "me", there's no scope for change with "me". People will attack you because it's easier than looking at the bigger issue. Write about the issues, take out the "me"."

Woh bro! You read the book?!

There may be hope. I just have to get over myself first.
As for you stiggers, I need you to show me the way...

No comments: