Friday 15 October 2010

SOS

Texts to my new support worker yesterday. This morning the pressure sitting on my chest. Coooowee tis heavy. Here you go:

Me: I've just had a letter from Pathmeads telling me to expect The bailiffs. I've also bid on 2 properties today. The council can end this horror for me and [my son].

NSW: Sue, please do not get anxious about this, you will not be made homeless with nowhere to go. They have applied for a bailiffs, which can take wks and is part of the process. I have TA on the case looking for a flat. (TA is Temporary Accommodation for those not in the know)

Me: You've never been in my situation, let alone 3 times with a child. Anxiety? Noone has any idea. Permanence is what my small family needs. I'm terrified.

Weeks? How many weeks? I sent an email to the woman I met from Shelter. Who knows, you never know, only so grateful that there is this charity there who I could contact to calm me down a bit.

I picked the boy from school. We filled one bag with toys to throw away and one bag with toys to give away.

To think, I'd been cleaning, yes cleaning, the inside of a kitchen cupboard when the letter came.

I wanted to mention the bailiffs to my son but I didn't. Nor did I cry.

No comments: