Thursday 7 October 2010

A postcard from Downing Street!

Ha ha! Quite made my day! (Small things entertain me as you can see)

I thought 'ey up, what's this?' as I spied a white envelope (16 by 11.5 cm/ 6ish by 4.5ish inches), quite firm to touch, with my name typed on the front on my doormat. I turned it over and there on the back, in bold black: 10 Downing Street!

I open it and spy the Downing Street crest. Ooh, is it an invitation?! My name is not on it, nor the date as it happens. This must be the new thing they send to everyone, regardless of problem:

I am writing to acknowledge your recent correspondence.

The Prime Minister appreciates you taking the time to write.

Your correspondence has been forwarded to the relevant Government department so they may reply to you, in detail, on the matters you raise.

Yours faithfully

(A signature scrawl, not typed out beneath)

A postcard! I do so love a postcard! Will my son get one? He wrote too! And when exactly will I get a more detailed reply I wonder? My guess is never because the response to the first letter I wrote back in May, said it had been passed on the Department for Local Government and Community and well, I'm still waiting for that.

Do you think they got my postcard and thought 'what a good idea?'
Do you think they heard I went to lobby the housing MP? I did say then to the people at the Commons reception it was by instruction from the PM's office because it was. A dated letter with my name on it and advice to follow.
Do you think they put those two things together and came up with a totally 'radical' way to deal with correspondance from societal riffraff so they, the PM's office, don't have to personalise anything anymore?

Still, a postcard! I find that quite funny given what I've been posting this morning!

No comments: