Wednesday 13 October 2010

Every Parent Matters

Hi [Deputy],
I'd just like to say thank you so very very much for coming to the social service transfer meeting with me. Alone to defend [my son] I might have quite simply lost it, either crying or banging my fists on the table trying to get these professionals to understand how important a secure home near [my son's] school is to me.

That you and the nurse said such brilliant things about him, his progress and his behaviour, I can only hope all these professionals heard it and particularly in regards to our housing impact, took it on board.

They might want me to forget about housing but whether this ends badly or well, I can't. They have told me in no uncertain terms that our next accommodation will not be secure. I am witness to a massive social injustice and unfortunately me and [my son] are part of that. At [your] school, Every Child Matters (to coin a new labour phrase) but sadly, when it comes to housing, not every child does or not every child can.

I can only hope that [my son] isn't greatly affected by the move and with his fragile security in place, well, I'll just have to find a job which enables me to do my little bit in changing the landscape the coalition are hell bent on destroying (I asked [ex New Labour Spin Guy] for tips on how to start up my own political party and he said he'd 'think about it'....who knows what will happen!)

Thanks again for being there for both [my son] and me. It meant and means such alot.

All the best,

Sue

No comments: