Friday 15 October 2010

Voting ads on the telly...that's me

Do you remember it, before the election, the tv ad telling people to vote?

The woman, with a dog? walking to the polling station and just as she approaches it she's thrown back by an invisible transparent screen.

She pushes against it, presses her body to it, but she can't get through to the other side.

That's how I feel with my son. I've written and I've written and I've spoken to councillors and weekly for years I've bidded for any flat, any tower, any secure place to live and now we're waiting for the bailiffs but banging pushing pressing held back by some invisible wall.

There the other side, a home, and all that represents.

The woman in the ad didn't register, it was a warning to us all.

What exactly haven't I done?

No comments: