Tuesday 12 October 2010

Letting go of the postcard

Papier Mache Towers

11 October 2010

Dear Ed Miliband,

Please could you read out the copy of the postcard I sent the coalition in July which I have attached to this letter.
If you read it during PMQs I will come and sit the lobby, so if you are laughed and jeered at, you can say that I’m just outside and they can laugh and jeer at me. I accept they might do that but do not condone it.
I asked Frank Dobson for his blessing to send the postcard. I put you and your brother on it because you are connected to the borough. Please accept my apologies for spelling your names wrong.
Mr Miliband, your constituency is elsewhere. Elsewhere in the country a housing catastrophe is unfolding. Labour, your Labour can oppose the coalition’s plan to totally eradicate state social housing. Your Labour can restart the debate.
It needs to Mr Miliband. Five million people are on the waiting list for a council flat. That’s potentially five million votes for your party in 2015.
Labour won Camden’s local election from the Libdem/Tory coalition because of its policy on housing. I truly believe that.
You apologised for Iraq. Thank you Mr Miliband. Your party can oppose coalition housing policy. I know it can. Use my postcard to bring home the debate.
If one of your secretaries could call me so I know when to come to the House of Commons I would be truly grateful.
I want to help you, I want to help my borough – thousands of properties sit empty. Like many millions of people, I want positive change.
Very best of luck Mr Miliband.

Yours sincerely,

Sue de Nim

No comments: