Thursday 7 October 2010

Axing the children

Oh to have friends who think like me. I'm always afraid that I bore people to death talking about housing so it was great to get this little political missive last night:

What about the new Tory policy - re: capping housing benefit and leaks that they want to change the homeless status - so not attached to particular boroughs - pushing poorer people out to the suburbs - ghettos! - not that I want to light your fire, I know it's on fire enough as it is, but had to say it!! Someone should write about it! AND all that is in the paper is the blumming axe to the richer middle classes - and the housing benefit thing goes unnoticed!!! XXXX

I've not had the space to comment on Tory policies, hence I post our little exchange including my response:

Don't I fecking know it... all those 'stay at home' mothers who probably voted for the feckers. What I don't understand, is that if you are on your own and earn £45,000, you lose your child benefit, but if you're married and both earn £44,000, equalling £88,000 you not only get to keep the benefit, you also get a marriage tax allowance (oh yes, those flipping tories will do that) and like you say, meanwhile, the country is sinking under the housing caps, chucking people into ghetto's, increasing homelessness and no-one's breathing a word. I am in the unfortunate position of being caught in the middle of it all (well, housing, get to keep the child benefit...er, probably... they're happily messing with welfare payments too......) and I want to scweam, and scweam and scweam like Screechy from the Care Bears but I've lost my voice and the Care Bears can't care any more because their little kingdom has come crashing down.
Grrrr (and I'll put a ! so it ends on a happy note!) xxxxxx

(Happy note for my friend you understand, me and stiggers both know there's nothing to be happy about. Bring back the Care Bears!)

No comments: