Monday 26 October 2009

Back on the high stress diet

I could SCREAM. A lovely day with my son back from his dad's spoilt by the letter on the doormat.
Council says I'm safe here until August yes?
Seems not.
Letter is from the housing association. "Under the lease between the Association and the owner of the property we need to obtain a possession order to ensure that we can return the property with vacant possession at the end of our lease." The owner of the property is a private landlady.

Now the council would have known this so why lie to me? August they confirmed? Well, according to the letter:

"You are likely to made an offer of alternative permanent or temporary accommodation as [sic] some stage before the date on which the lease ends" (my italics)

What date will this be my friends? Fuck knows.

"Generally the court will make a possession order without a hearing... When the court makes a possession order, it will tell you when you have to leave the property. This will usually be within 14 days of the order."

If I think this will cause me "exceptional hardship" the court "can consider extending this to 42 days."

So when is this hearing? They won't tell me.
When will I get my 14 days notice? Who knows, but it will be well before next August won't it?

As a treat I took my son to see UP at the cinema with his little friend T. I loved it, having had no expectations and thinking it might be dull. My friend Jab bought him his dinner in a diner while we drank; tea me, coffee her. We came home to the post and I didn't talk to my boy in the bath, didn't read him a story. Mute mother is back. No words will come out of her, no food will go into her and I'm not sure I've got enough tobacco to see me through the night.

Like I said. I could SCREAM.

No comments: