Monday 19 October 2009

Legally I have some time

On Friday I rang a legal advisor after a letter arrived from his outfit saying my case was being closed.
I have, this past month, been sending this outfit correspondance from the council, hoping for a happy ending for my son and I.

The letter told me to wait until the housing department contacts me next year to discuss my options (which I know back to front inside out)

However, it said: "You cannot stop the council from evicting you lawfully but should use the pending eviction as an opportunity to raise your priority banding and secure permanent accommodation from their allocation scheme.....You can also raise your health condition with the council and present evidence of this to them. By law they must consider all the relevant information relating to your housing situation and give you an appropriate priority category."

I rang the lawyer because I'm out of my depth here. I have tried all these things. I need to hear a voice, a voice that understands me.

About hostel accommodation he said "it's very unsuitable for families, that wouldn't be proper." But they do it anyway, I know, I've seen.

About the private sector he said: "You are likely to be evicted at some point. For them the best solution would be to find you permanent accommodation." I need more points, a higher banding because I'm threatened with homelessness.

He said the correspondance from the council was right and proper, to conserve my energy until I can use all of it to secure myself and my son next Spring, when all my efforts "will be completely justified."

Next Spring??? I want to be home and dry by next Spring. I want to see the buds in my own life start to flower next Spring.

I asked him if I can call him again and he said yes. Until then I have little option but to keep bidding, keep on bidding, keep on keep on bidding. I will continue to drive you mad reader because there is an election next Spring and it's so important, so crucial, for all of us. I will also post about other things because it's a better option than hanging myself.

No comments: