Thursday 15 October 2009

White Teeth

I can hardly believe the timing, following my (rather long) post about teeth and the great symbolism of a white filling.
I bought the Guardian again for the free fairy tales even though I'm still enjoying yesterday's copy.

"Smile you're on TV" goes Deborah Orr's column.

She begins by saying how stunned she was by the "incredible loveliness of every single X Factor contestant's teeth."

"Goodness," she continues, and this is where Stigmum smiled her stained gnashers, "I thought, NHS dentistry cannot possibly be in the dreadful doldrums it is alleged to have drifted into. Then I read that all of the finalists where [sic] whisked off for whitening and veneering before they could even call home, on camera of course, to spread the good tidings. You have to laugh really, or at least flash a blindingly expensive public-private partnership of a smile."

I really don't know why Stigmum smiled but I'm sure there's a story in there somewhere, and possibly one with a happy ending? Tsk, that is the realm of fairy tales....

No comments: