Sunday 11 October 2009

Help The Aged

I ventured into Help the Aged yesterday afternoon, to browse. On discovering they were offering three videos for a pound, I couldn't resist the bargain! (I know I know I'm supposed to be de cluttering, not adding to the mess but what can I say? It's for charidee..)

I picked Grease, Purple Rain and Shallow Grave to suit my eclectic tastes and decided to stay in and watch one of them. But which?!

On returning home I went online to see what was showing at the local cinema. Fish Tank. I really want to see Fish Tank!

It's a story seen through the eyes of a 15 year old girl living in a Papier Mache Tower with her mother and sister.

It was brilliant, it was raw, it was hard to watch (not unlike this blog perhaps but I'll stop short at calling my Goldfish Bowl 'brilliant'.)

I needed a cigarette when I came out. I leaned against my bike and thought of this multi layered film but also why why why I am drawn to such things? Did I feel its power because I am so close to it?

A woman came to unlock her bike. As she stared at it, I stared at her staring at it. Then the penny dropped.

"Has your wheel been stolen?"
"Yes, well it is Camden Town..."

I'm as silent as she is but I put my hand on Zat, reassured, feeling lucky. Life is a bitch and then you die, Nas whispers in my ear, the film credits still running.

I get home, grateful that Zat now lives in a shed. I wait for the lift. The big one comes first and the stench of urine is so intense I gag and opt to wait for the smaller one.

Tonight I shall watch one of my new videos. I need something temperate after last night.

Which one which one?

Wooooo, I don't want to think about graves, I may be desperately devoted to Grease but yo mamma, Let's Go Crazy!!!!!! (Prince)

No comments: