Wednesday 7 October 2009

Harrassing the local paper again

Raced back from my son's school's sponsored Fun Run to dash off a letter to the CNJ before it goes to press. They haven't heard from me for a while....

Last week readers were defending the actions of the Lib Dems auctioning off properties so I executed a little something about Lib Dem plans to tax those who lived in million pound houses.

As I read "But Lib Dems did tell us so - time and time again" (1 October) I recalled hearing on the wires very recently that the Liberal Democrat Party plans a "mansion tax" so those who own homes worth more than £1 million can contribute an annual 0.5% levy to wider society.
If this money is used to refurbish existing council properties so the local Lib Dems don't auction off the council flats the masses desperately need, then don't you think it's a good idea?

I told them they could play around with it, perhaps put it alongside their own news that celebrities are getting planning permission to "supersize" their homes.

As ever with Stigmum, que sera sera

No comments: