Sunday 18 October 2009

BNP on Question Time

When my dad told me why he'd voted BNP at the European Elections I laughed, because he told me in French:

"Angleterre pour les Anglais!"

In the furore over the BNP appearing on Question Time, I for one am glad that they are. It's good to confront your enemies. Immigrants aren't the enemy, but immigration has to be discussed, aired.

I don't know who I'll vote for in May but I do know it's not for them. The I Don't Know Party doesn't recognise the BNP as a viable competitor.

"Who votes for such people?" asked the Sunday Times today.

My dad? He placed that vote to get a reaction from my family. He'll miss the show on Thursday but I'll tell him what I remember. He'll be interested but he won't be interested. He knows as he knew then; it's not funny.

Brown, Cameron, Clegg (blimey, can't call them by their first names in this post):
You better shape up, cos we need a choice
and our hearts are set on ?
(Grease)

I know I know, I'm not funny either.

No comments: