Thursday 8 October 2009

Single mothers - symptom or scapegoat

I have just sent an email to the event organisers of the single mother seminar in two weeks time saying I'm unable to go but could they email me the results of their discussion.

Nothing wrong with that but this morning, I had the 'bright idea' of using stigmum's email (or was it stigmum's idea? I don't know anymore)

I told them that from my perspective single mothers are a symptom of our society but I also believe we are scapegoats "which is why I write a blog (where I sadly feed the stereotype)"

I GAVE THEM THE LINK. Said that read objectively "you may get something from it to aid you in your research". THEN I replied to the CNJ, who once again said they needed my full details to publish me and said I was feeling "vulnerable".

I have to calm down. Luckily my son is at a play date at mother who I dropped my head on her shoulder's house. I have told her I write a 'secret blog' (the only one in the playground). She doesn't know the link (hasn't asked, phew!) so if I can't talk about the morning's enlightening events (I can't you know, anymore, talk..) I'll just tell her I've done my head in writing. She was published in the Telegraph at the weekend. She'll understand. I'll read her clipping.

No comments: