Thursday 1 October 2009

The end of participatory appraisal?

Today was our last participatory appraisal meeting for the work we did for the Safeguarding Children Board. I almost didn't want to go because I don't want it to end so good it's been.

It was great to see everyone, so wholly crap I am at keeping in touch with them. We were there to amend or add to the 'Stakeholders' opinions we retrieved for the report that's been written up. Our man from God's Own Country said my parent's perspective was good, which was good! I told him not to put my name to it, though now thinking why would I do that if I want a job one day? Durr.

What's been very cool about this research is that if the policy deciders didn't know how to resolve a problem, like people's fear of the police or social workers for example, we made them think about it. Change might come about from all this, in Camden anyway. I still find it so flipping exciting.

Like our Leader said "It's not about money, there's a huge gap in our society and the more we can enable that bridge to be gapped, the better our society will be."

Top isn't it? What people like you and me think of services and what those service providers think of their own. Then change, change, change....

They put a lovely spread on for lunch, and I duly stuffed myself, then we were asked if any of us wanted to go to the Town Hall in a few weeks to present the report to the people we interviewed. I said I would. Yep, yesterday I was lying on a sofa with burning eyelids, today I was feeling energised. Ah housing housing, rid me of the housing housing once and for all.....

No comments: