Thursday 1 October 2009

Housing questionaire....

It's bidding day, so I duly go to the website to bid, but before I am able to, there is a survey they'd like me to fill in.

1. How well do you understand how council and housing association homes are allocated in Camden? Fully? Partly? Not at all? I pick c) Not at all.

2. Do you think that the way we allocate homes is fair? Very Fair? Fair? Unfair? Very Unfair? I'm thinking 'very unfair' but I pick 'unfair'.

3. How do you think we can allocate homes more fairly? By taking into account peoples individual needs. As a lone parent with one child I feel mine and my child's are completely ignored.

4. Would you like to see an allocation system that helps people move from Camden to other London boroughs and outside of London? Yes? No? I personally don't think the choices are fair because some may want to move out but I have to go with how I feel so say NO. I have a sinking feeling that when the results come out they'll say most respondents said YES. I'll never know if this is true.

5. Could the Council be doing more to explain our allocations scheme? Yes? No? Yes

If yes, how would you like us to do this? Define 'exceptional' needs and housing people at the Council's 'discretion'.(I should have added why are people housed who have waited less time than me, raised all the crap I've been raising the last 3 weeks. oh well)

I had to agree to its terms and conditions. "If you can be identified from the information you give us, we will need your consent to collect and use your information before we:
Share with the public, voluntary agencies and community groups.
Consult with you....
Help to improve our communities...

Of course I can be identified, it was punching in my prison number that flagged up the survey in the first place. Consult with me? I'd like to see that...

Oh and there was nothing for me to bid on. Three out of six properties were council, and the street property in south Camden I just felt too far a schlep from the boy's school. I'd never get it anyway. I saw the flats in the tower had gone, one for 420 odd points, the other didn't say and I just felt an ache. Another flat I bid on has been "Withdrawn". For who? Why? Oh the questions they will not answer....

No comments: