Thursday 22 October 2009

What is it with some women?

"How did you get that scar on your eye?" asked the young assistant at the hairdressers last night. Supermario had invited me in for a coffee and I'd graciously accepted.

"Oh a girl lamped me on the 24 bus a month or so ago. I was rather hoping it wouldn't scar but it just seems to get redder."

I tell her what happened (TFL makes a killing here on the blog) then continue to chat as I peruse a copy of The Sun.

"Women jailed for attack on stranger" it tells me.

They beat, kicked and stamped on a man going about his own business in a "savage street attack".

Now I carry assumptions around with me like many other people. One of these is that attacks by gangs on civilians are usually carried out by teenagers. They may involve girls, but they are 'young'. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just telling you my assumption.

These women were 21, 29, 31, 32 AND 42 years old.

42?? 21, 29, 31, 32?? 42??????? Kicking and stamping on a guy's head???

WHAT is going on girls??? Aren't we supposed to be standing tall as the stronger sex?!

That, before you ask, is from a 'joke' I heard many years ago:

Why are women stronger than men?
Because they carry ladders in their tights! Wah wah wah

Come on come on come on people, isn't there a better way we can vent our fury than lashing out at someone else? And yes boys, I'm talking to you too. Confucius says.. Confucius says lots of things.

A woman stabbed a man in the block last night. There were three men and her up there so says early whispers. Self defence?

I don't know anything anymore.

No comments: