Friday 16 October 2009

Housing officer notes the tidiness

"Do you?!" I say excited.
"Yes, I don't have to bend under the hanging laundry." (Alot of it is currently on my bed....)

He didn't stay long, just a routine check; email, electricity and gas provider, benefits I was getting.

"You have outstanding arrears," he says, finding the paperwork. I told him that was the housing benefits fault so he suggested I call them. "Not today," I said, whilst actually thinking 'not anytime soon, haven't the stomach for it.'

The council may extend some of its leases with the housing association. "I thought that was only the bigger properties," I remarked. "Maybe not," he replied. I want to move, I want this to be over.

He told me I had plenty of time before my lease ended and to keep bidding and "not be fussy".

"Bidding won't make any difference with my points and I'm not fussy, I just have to consider my son's school and Zat bike."

A compilation tape my friend George made me years ago was playing and you know what song during this exchange of ours? A Bowie cover, Stigmum couldn't quite believe it:

God knows I'm good
God knows I'm good
God knows I'm good
Maybe God will look the other way today

God knows I'm good
God knows I'm good
God knows I'm good
Stigmum will be singing it all day today

No comments: