Thursday 1 October 2009

Sun goes down on Labour

Going to the newsagent to buy a lottery ticket yesterday evening, two headlines screamed from our tabloids.
MY MAN..THE MAN bellowed the Mirror
LABOUR'S LOST IT roared the Sun

Well I just had to buy both copies, for what better way to understand the nation than to read two differing perceptions?

Failed failed failed said the Sun about Labour's policies since 1997. What do I know, caught within a Libdem/Conservative coalition?

One thing jumped out at me though: "Smirking criminals routinely walk free in the name of political correctness, while decent people live in a virtual police state of snooping cameras and petty officials empowered to spy and to punish."

Hmm, I've blogged this before. Our Papier Mache Towers will only get a camera if we have the highest level of crime. I don't want things to get that bad.

And yes, while I don't feel spied upon, for I am not in a hostel, I do feel 'punished'. The paper also carried the beyond tragic story of Fiona Pilkington who with her disabled daughter in her arms, felt driven to suicide by teenagers, who relentlessly cat called her child. Why didn't her council move her???? Why didn't the police help????

65p it cost me to get both papers so I won't get them everyday. I watched Panorama's "Dying to be Treated" too about the NHS. I saw it programmed in the TV listings of both papers. Then I fell asleep and missed The Secret Life of Twins.

This election is important but right now, I still want "None of the Above" on the ballot paper. There was nothing in either paper about housing the masses.

No comments: