Thursday 6 May 2010

The journey to the polling station: A song

Ground control to major Mum
Ground control to major Mum
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
(Ten) Ground control (Nine) to major Mum (Eight)
(Seven, six) Commencing countdown (Five), engines on (Four)
(Three, two) Check ignition (One) and may God's (Blastoff) love be with you

This is ground control to major Mum,
you've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirt you wear
Now it's time to leave your capsule if you dare

This is major Mum to ground control,
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm voting in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today
For here am I sitting in my tin can
far above the world
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do

Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles,
I'm feeling very ill
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go
Tell my son I love him very much,

He knows
Ground control to major Mum, your circuits dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, major Mum?
Can you hear me, major Mum?
Can you hear me, major Mum?
Can you...

Here am I voting on my tin can far above the Moon
Planet Earth is blue there must be something I can do....

(David Bowie featuring Stiggers who wants to turn it Orange)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, absolutely bloody brilliant; though not sure David Bowie would agree, it's not quite Iggy Stardust to hang around the polls.

Came here from your comment on Smoking mum. Followed... just can't resist those little buttons. You're welcome to visit my blogs.

AV

Stigmum said...

I'm sure he wouldn't have minded this time, what with so much at stake!!
Feel free to pop by anytime you like! Stiggers is the DJ on here so I can't tell you when she'll next mess up another track!!