Tuesday 4 May 2010

"Only the poor vote Labour"

Ages ago the Libdem Leader's pal said this to me and recently it's been depressing me a whole lot.

Then a Labour flyer dropped through my letter box with words of anti Tory appeal from Ross Kemp, JK Rowling and support from others such as Jo Brand, Tony Robinson, Eddie ("I pay no taxes") Izzard and Liz Dawn aka Vera Duckworth. An enormous comfort to me that it's not just the "poor" who vote Labour.

A Libdem letter was then delivered, from the Leader himself.

"Dear Sue de Nim,
It's hard not to feel let down by Westminster politics right now...This election we can choose to do things differently. We can choose real change with the Liberal Democrats.....
Please do lend us your support.
Thanks and best wishes,
Nick Clegg

His photo is in the top right hand corner, but at the bottom, at the bottom, is a drawing of two horses. Not a yellow and blue horse, but a yellow and red one.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo. No national Tory/Libdem coalition. Pleeeeeeeeeeease.

Furthermore, the pictures shouldn't be of horses, they should be of donkeys. It's a struggle that awaits us. Well, I say us, not the 3000 millionaires who will be the first beneficiaries of a Tory win.

I cannot abstain. I want to, but I can't.

No comments: