Thursday 6 May 2010

What a mug!

Barely was the sleepy dust out of my eyes this morning that a Conservative flyer flew through my letter box. Bloody hell, I thought, there's a party that can afford to be so keen.

Thought I'd read the blurb anyway and my, I was almost seduced. A little map of my 'hood and all the good work they'd done to spruce up the area. "Ooh yes!" I thought as indeed crime has reduced here at the Towers (I'd list some more but my son wanted to tear it up on sight so may have well thrown it in the bin)

If I didn't know what I know, housing, oh I don't know, I'm not a Tory, more of a liberal me but... but... after posting last night, feeling suitably still abit down, I went into the kitchen to make a cuppa.

There hung the two mugs my old shit school acquaintance had given me for my birthday last year.

The design on one of these mugs was originally from a World War 2 poster "intended as a "last case scenario" to be used only should the Nazis succeed in invading Britain via Operation Sea Lion, in order to stiffen resolve" (thanks Wikipedia).

Funny thing is, on the RED background of original poster mug is:
"KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON".
On the BLUE background of the other reads:
"NOW PANIC AND FREAK OUT" so true, so true..

It certainly stiffened my resolve last night - abstaining is not an option for the Leader of the I Don't Know Party and well, I'll continue to drink my morning expressos from the mug that gives me hope.

No comments: